After graduation, residency is a great way to start a career in a clinical specialty. Residency is a postgraduate training program that allows a resident to practice as a licensed physician and undergo training under the supervision of an experienced mentor. The cornerstone of any residency practice is direct patient care and practice management. During the course of the program, the clinical resident can acquire knowledge of how to provide clinical care to patients in relevant hospitals. Clinical residency training gives practicing physicians a competitive advantage in the job market as trends in health care systems increasingly require ongoing training for clinical positions. In addition, there are many opportunities for communication networking. Residency training provides an opportunity to better define a resident's career goals.
Residency training in IHSM is offered in the following specialties:
1. Obstetrics and Gynecology;
3. Internal medicine;
4. Traumatology and Orthopedics;
6. Family Medicine /General medical practice.
Admission requirements for the Residency Program
1. Applicants must be a Medical School graduate or a practicing physician and have the necessary documents confirming the required level of education and documents according to the list below;
2. The training of citizens of other countries in universities of the Kyrgyz Republic is carried out on the basis of international treaties, which came into force under the established procedure, to which the Kyrgyz Republic is a party, as well as on the basis of agreements between educational organizations or with individual citizens;
3. Admission of applicants to the IHSM clinical residency is carried out on a competitive basis according to the results of entrance examinations;
4. The entrance exam is held in the form of an interview on the chosen specialty;
5. Enrollment is approved by the order of the IHSM Rector;
6. Duration of training: 3 years;
7. Attendance mode: full-time;
8. Training is carried out on a contractual basis;
List of documents required for the admission
Individuals entering residency must submit the following documents to the IHSM:
1) application addressed to the Rector of IHSM;
2) diploma in higher medical education with courses and grades (copies);
3) employee personal data sheet (if there is an employment record for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic entering the residency program);
4) curriculum vitae;
5) medical certificate 086-U;
6) six photos of size 3.5⨯4.5 cm;
7) copies of passport and military ID card (for Kyrgyz citizens);
8) passport, military ID card and employment record book must be submitted in person and returned to an applicant after verification (for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic);
9) for foreign citizens: passport with the proper visa (copy).
1. Admission to IHSM shall be carried out on the personal application of citizens.
2. When applying for admission to a higher educational institution, an applicant, at his/her discretion, shall present an original or certified photocopies of documents providing his identity, citizenship, an original or a certified photocopy of a state-issued certificate of education and the required number of photographs.
3. Foreign applicant must submit to the selection committee a document on education equivalent to the state document on higher education of the Kyrgyz Republic. Applicants must have a “Bachelor’s degree” or higher professional education with “Specialist” degree awarded in Medical Degree.
4. Applicants who have submitted obviously false documents to the university selection committee shall be liable under the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
5. Upon arrival at the IHSM, applicant must provide the following documents:
- original education certificate equivalent to the state document on higher education of the Kyrgyz Republic (if foreign applicant);
- passport with an appropriate entry visa (if foreign applicant);
- an application addressed to the rector of the IHSM for admission to the university;
- certificate verifying the knowledge of Russian language (if foreign applicant) (the basic level);
- Medical reference - 086 form;
- 6 colored photographs of 3.5x4.5 cm in size.
1. The IHSM shall conduct entrance examinations on the programs corresponding to educational standards of higher education in the form of an interview and a verbal exam;
2. The entrance examinations’ for applicants can be accepted individually upon the reception of documents;
3. Entrance tests shall be conducted in Russian in the form of a verbal interview;
4. Persons who fail to go through the entrance tests for a valid reason (illness or other circumstances documented) shall be admitted to them individually afterwards.
1. Tuition fee for 2019-2020 academic year is 160 550 soms (KGS).
2. The costs associated with the stay of foreign applicants / students in the Kyrgyz Republic, including payment for meals, additional educational services and other expenses shall be incurred independently by the applicant / student or official representative, in accordance with the rules and procedures established in the IHSM.
3. Upon admission of the applicant to the IHSM, a contract shall be concluded for the entire period of study. The contract shall be signed by the Rector.
1. An applicant can apply online or through one of our regional partners/representatives;
2. Except the main requirements we have a set of other specific rules for each country. The additional information might be obtained in the regional offices of our regional representatives or directly from our Postgraduate Office (contact information is below);
3. After fulfilling all the requirements and getting admitted you will be provided with a provisional admission letter and application form at your request;
4. Successful applicants are required to apply for e-visa form the Ministry of External Affairs of Kyrgyz Republic. Please visit: www.evisa.e-gov.kg;
5. Or you may contact with the regional representative or International Cooperation Center (email@example.com) and provide your documents for getting e-visa;
6. For more important information please contact PG Office:
Telephone: +996 556 163057